My Top 5 News Sources:
![]() |
| The U.S.A. has one of the most active press networks across the globe. |
The top 5 news sources that I typically use and trust are The New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, evening talk shows, and certain Instagram or TikTok accounts such as "aplasticplant" I usually start off by seeing the headline on social media or TV and then go to the written sources to fact check what I see, just to be sure i am understanding the information properly.
![]() |
| NY Times building in Times Square |
Sources like The Washington Post and The New York Times are widely known and trusted by many readers. Personally, I agree more with certain biases that these outlets have; Although, there should not be a bias in news sources to begin with. Aside from that, I see stories there that can easily be cross checked with other news outlets that do not typically share similar views, showing that they are trustworthy accounts and not just clickbait headlines. For example, during the COVID-19 health crisis in the United States, these news networks provided scientifically based information that helped keep Americans safe.
CNN is a more controversial network, publishing stories with clear biases and motives, so I try not to use this as my main news source; However, I do occasionally read an article or two on their Instagram just out of curiosity. I grew up watching "CNN 10" with Carl Azuz and that was my introduction to global news. I feel more connected to this network because I actually visited their headquarters in my home city of Atlanta when I was in elementary school.
![]() |
| Jon Stewart Hosting "The Daily Show" |
Evening talk shows like "Late Night with Seth Myers" and "The Daily Show" provide a more comical delivery of the happenings around the world. I find this much more refreshing and easy to digest compared to the grim news we see broadcasted so often. I typically fact check what I see on these shows, just because sometimes things are embellished for entertainment purposes, but I do notice there is less of a bias than some news networks and more of a satirical view of today's political climate.
Every politics teacher I've had would be highly disappointed to know that I seek out global news on social media, but since I am on my phone for several hours a day, it makes sense for me to check the news while I scroll. Instagram accounts like "aplasticplant" and "Good News Network" provide strong headlines and brief descriptions of current events, I always like to see how people in the comment sections react to each post and see what the masses think. I also feel more connected to a story when i can comment on it or share it to my story for others to see.
With that being said, I feel that if you are receiving your in formation from a credible and trusted source, it should not matter what exactly that source is. These are just my top 5 sources that fit my interests and views.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

No comments:
Post a Comment